Friday, December 28, 2012

The Next Big Thing!!

Hey Readers!

A friend tagged me a post to provide some info on my latest WIP. Here goes and I hope you enjoy!





Ten Interview Questions for the Next Big Thing:
Q: What is your working title of your book?
A: The Gilded Cuff

Q: Where did the idea come from for the book?
A: I woke from a dream about a pair of young boys trapped and held kidnapped in a crumbling mansion on Long Island and knew I had to share their story.

Q: What genre does your book fall under?
A: Romantic Suspense with a little bit of BDSM.

Q: Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
A: Heroine- Sophie Ryder played by Jennifer Lawrence, Hero- Emery Lockwood played by Stephen Amnell.

Q: What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
A: Haunted by his childhood kidnapping that stole his twin brother’s life, Emery Lockwood is a tortured man and he can’t resist bargaining with the determined reporter Sophie Ryder who wants to know all his secrets, except it might just end up getting them killed.

Q: Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
A: Represented by my awesome and lovely agent Pam from the Larsen Pomada Agency

Q: How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
A: LOL- still working on it. Nearly done. Was a little busy getting my first book contract for a regency series underway and am just now getting back to finishing this novel.

Q: What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
A: Well, it’s not your typical Romantic Suspense. My hero is not a detective or a PI. He’s a wealthy recluse who is trying to avoid the spotlight and the heroine wants to unearth his secrets for her story. It has some flavor of E.L. James’s Fifty Shade series and some of Shayla Black’s erotic romance Wicked series.

Q: Who or what inspired you to write this book?
A: I can’t normally pinpoint who or what inspires my stories. They are usually the result of something I’ve dreamed or some image I’ve seen and can’t get out of my head. I always start with a vision of a scene as the start of my story and go from there.

Q: What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
A: I think the Gilded Cuff will attract readers for a few reasons. It’s not your average romantic suspense. The setting is its own character and the story is highly character driven for the hero and heroine.


Feel free to post a thought about my new WIP or about your own WIP. What's your NEXT BIG THING? 

1 comment: